Wednesday, April 13, 2005

 

Making Progress

Even though I managed to get some cleaning done today, it seems like the tip of the iceberg ... and I'm beat. I was working on my dad's area in the living room and his bedroom. Both are improved, but far from "finished." But, it's progress.

I did manage to clean out two large cupboards the other evening that would basically be called a pantry. Two shelves in each, at least 2 1/2 feet deep and at least 4 feet wide. These cupboards are under a counter about 9-10 feet long. I'm guessing. I'm not at home right now where I can go measure. You get the idea. I decided to find out what I actually had in there, throw away anything too old and unacceptable, organize them, and make a list to pin inside the doors on each side as to what is in there. The shelves are so deep I don't like everything pushed to the back if I can help it. Things disappear in there.

I was amazed to find I had 4 cans of crushed pineapple, 2 cans of chunk pineapple, 1 can of sliced pineapple, 3 small cans of pineapple juice ... 6 jars of spaghetti sauce ... 3 cans of pizza sauce ... 12 or so cans of tomatoes and tomato sauce, assorted styles ... etc., etc. You get the idea.

I still have to transfer my scribblings into a useful list form for the doors. I wrote down everything I put back in the cupboards and on which shelf. Pat myself on the back!

I intend to use up all the ingredients in my cupboards!

Because those cupboards look so good, I'm feeling a strong urge to work on one of the cupboards above this area and one of the drawers.

Feeling good.

A wee bit of progress.




Comments:
Lindie,
I love your blog. I live in nearby Syracuse, NY and love books and collecting lots of stuff myself. I think it is not so much collecting as it is keeping and not letting go. I have been inspired by the TV show on TLC Clean Sweep and also I found out about freecycle.org where you can give away free stuff to people who really do appreciate it. I am not sure if you heard of it before, but I know the fingerlakes area has a group. I have already cleaned out my garage and two bookshelves. I wish you the best. Allison oneluckycharm.blogspot.com
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?