Sunday, May 22, 2005

 

Yes, straightening out finances is decluttering.

I am totally restructuring the way I'm handling my money, modest as the amount I'm working with is. Instead of going in a hole year after year and depleting my finite and ... again, modest ... "retirement" funds, I am learning to live within my means ... again.

I feel like I'm 22 years old and virtually starting out, except that I have a small "retirement" fund. When I was 22, that was the very last thing on my mind.

Ironically, I'm enjoying being conscious of what I'm doing with my money. It's actually kind of fun instead of painful. Not knowing where I stood ... now, that was painful, as well as embarrassing. For the last few years, money has been a somewhat abstract concept ... and I ended up spending more than I made ... on everyday things ... nothing noteworthy, really.

I simply can't do that anymore. What would I do with my money if I were 22?

I would invest at least 10 percent of any check I cashed or money that came my way. I wouldn't waste my money on a lot of stuff. I would do things rather than have a lot of things that I had to store or move around. I would have rather had more travel experiences than a bunch of STUFF that I now have to contend with.

I'm slowly turning stuff into money. Even if I'm not making a profit, I no longer have to deal with the item. Ah, instead of dreaming of bigger and better, I envision space, elbow room, wabi sabi, and ... well just lightness. Ah.

Of course, every once in a while there is something I just "have to have." I suppose if I took out of the house 10 times what I bring into it, I might come out ahead!
Comments:
Hi, its my first time at your blog please keep posting as i will return to see if you have updated your info. Please check our site its about Tai Chi books its about a range of health problems Tai Chi books
 
I was looking for blogs about tai chi and came across yours. I have whats referred to as a hard style Karate School and this is something we've been contemplating adding to it. Great blog you have and I've enjoyed reading the posts on it.
 
I was looking for blogs about tai chi and came across yours. I have whats referred to as a hard style Karate School and this is something we've been contemplating adding to it. Great blog you have and I've enjoyed reading the posts on it.
 
I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog
 
I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://pennystockinvestment.blogspot.com
 
Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?